WASHINGTON, August 21, 2012 – Accuracy in Media has just released its latest AIM Special Report, “The Obama Years: Beyond the Halo.” The report features some of AIM’s most powerful and insightful analysis from the past four years, including stories on Obama’s radical roots; Democratic Party involvement in voter fraud efforts; how President Obama has used his “green energy” strategy to benefit friends and donors; and much more. The report also includes a summary of the “Fast and Furious” scandal, which has led to contempt of Congress citations against Attorney General Eric Holder; and an interview with the former editor of the New York Times magazine, Edward Klein, about his bestselling book on Obama, The Amateur.
These penetrating articles, and many more, paint a stunning portrait of Barack Obama’s presidency, and provide some ominous suggestions of what might transpire if he is elected to a second term. The report is also an indictment of the mainstream press, which continues to ignore and/or spin these news stories beyond recognition in a clear effort to help him win re-election.
This AIM Special Report boasts a great lineup of investigative reporters and superb writing from AIM Editor Roger Aronoff, Cliff Kincaid, who heads up the AIM Center for Investigative Journalism, AIM Chairman Don Irvine, and independent journalist Rusty Weiss.
In the words of AIM Chairman Don Irvine, this report examines “the media coverage of President Obama’s agenda, ranging from the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, or Obamacare, to his green jobs programs including the now-bankrupt Solyndra, and his management of the economy, which has resulted in a sharp decline in household income and a rise in consumer pessimism about the future.”
He closes by urging readers to “read this report carefully…[and] support AIM’s efforts to counter the media’s misreporting with facts that will inspire a well-informed electorate to make better choices about the future of our country.”
Roger Aronoff is the Editor of AIM and has vast editorial experience that he brings to AIM on a daily basis through his investigative analysis of the liberal mainstream media. He is also an accomplished TV producer, director, writer and distributor, whose award-winning documentaries have attracted worldwide attention.
Don Irvine is the Chairman of Accuracy in Media and its sister organization, Accuracy in Academia. A lifetime resident of the Washington, D.C. area, he has experienced firsthand the liberal mainstream media’s incessant one-sided reporting and has considerable experience in analyzing the liberal slant of the mainstream press.
Cliff Kincaid is the Director of the AIM Center for Investigative Journalism. A veteran journalist and media critic, he has written and co-authored numerous books, and continues to fight against the left-leaning mainstream media through his investigative insight and reporting.
Malcolm Kline is the Executive Director of Accuracy in Academia (AIA), AIM’s sister organization, a non-profit research group reporting on bias in education. He specializes in reporting and analyzing the liberal slant in academia and is the Editor of AIM Special Reports. Kline also edits AIA’s monthly newsletter, Campus Report.
Rusty Weiss is a freelance journalist focusing on the conservative movement and its political agenda. He has been writing conservatively-charged articles for several years in the upstate New York area, and his writings have appeared in the Daily Caller, American Thinker, FoxNews.com, Big Government, the Times Union, and the Troy Record. He is also the Editor for two major technology newsletters.
E-mail email@example.com  to schedule an interview.
Accuracy in Media is the leading citizens’ media watchdog whose mission is to promote accuracy, fairness and balance in news reporting. AIM exposes politically motivated media bias, teaches consumers to think critically about their news sources, and holds the mainstream press accountable for its misreporting. For more information, please visit www.aim.org .
SUMMARY: “THE OBAMA YEARS: BEYOND THE HALO”
- Barack Obama is still the darling of the mainstream media, but not everyone is on board
- His list of so-called achievements during his presidency is overshadowed by one of the poorest economic records of any U.S. president, particularly of an incumbent seeking re-election.
- The Obama administration’s agenda has been anything but race-neutral, and has actually been race-driven.
- Author Edward Klein’s bestselling book, The Amateur: Barack Obama in the White House, illustrates the significant role that ideology, incompetence and radicalism play in the Obama administration.
- Cliff Kincaid analyzes the Obama administration’s ploy to use mortgage policy to help ensure his re-election prospects this November.
- Roger Aronoff’s analysis of Fast and Furious breaks down the scandal and describes how the media ignored it as long as they could.
- The Solyndra scandal is the tip of the iceberg, where the Obama administration’s push for green jobs has resulted in few if any jobs for Americans.
- The highlights of Chairman Donald Irvine’s analyses range from Chris Matthews’s faux pas to the White House referring to Fox News as “not really news.”
- James Davis’s piece, “The Cause of the 2008 Financial Crisis,” details the problems of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and how their housing policies caused the housing bubble to collapse.
View all findings and data in the AIM Special Investigative Report here .