Here’s how you know the anti-tax “tea party” movement, which hits its activist stride tomorrow, has struck a nerve: Both liberal activists and their allies in the mainstream media are working overtime to discredit the movement.
Fox News picked up on a story that has been simmering in the blogosphere for several days now — the news that the Association for Community Organizers Now may try to infiltrate and undermine the anti-tax protests  across the country.
WorldNetDaily, meanwhile, recaps the stream of negative press coverage  of the protests that has materialized as the grassroots support for the tea parties has become evident. Media liberals were content to ignore the story  until it couldn’t be ignored any longer; now that they realize it has staying power, their mission is to mock the protests  and raise questions about their authenticity.
Here’s a recap of other “ReadRight” articles featured on AIM’s Twitter account  today:
- Citizens Against Government Waste released the 2009 Pig Book  — more than 10,000 pork projects costing $19.6 billion.
- Big names are on the National Taxpayers Union’s 2008 list of “big spenders ” in Congress. (CNSNews.com)
- President Obama tempered optimism with reality in a speech about the economy . (Townhall)
- Obama channeled John Wayne  in the Somali piracy encounter. He needs to keep doing it. (National Review)
- Ted Nugent warned terrorist pirates  to stay home “or I will turn you into shark food.” (Human Events)
- It’s time to respond to North Korea  with sharper sticks rather than boiled carrots. (The Weekly Standard)
- China  and Russia  are getting friendly, and that’s not good for the rest of the world. (National Review)
- Foreign laws  should not dictate U.S. policy. That approach undermines sovereignty. (Washington Examiner)
- Sen. John Ensign warned that the fight against cardcheck legislation isn’t won yet, http://bit.ly/4iQhqk  (Human Events)
- Big government is a boon to taxpayer-financed charities  on the left. Stop supporting both. (Newsmax)
- If pro-gay activists hold a “Day Of Silence ” and no one is there, will it make a sound? (WorldNetDaily)
- An ABC story embraced fear and ignorance to discourage self-defense with guns . (Pajamas Media)
- Obama’s pattern of blaming everything on George W. Bush  is wearing thin. (Washington Examiner)
- “Ordinary people” commit evil every day . Here are 25 examples of how they do it. (Townhall)