This is the week for tax talk. For starters, today is “Tax Freedom Day” — the point at which Americans stop working just to pay the government — and the good news is that it came earlier this year than in the recent past.
But the bigger tax day is in two days, April 15. That’s when federal income-tax returns must be filed. It’s also the day when thousands of Americans will rally at “tea parties across the country to protest taxes and federal spending, and the event has conservative publications talking.
Over at the Washington Examiner, Chris Stirewalt argued that the left’s reaction to ongoing the ongoing tea parties showcases its quick descent into arrogance.
Fox Nation, meanwhile, noted that Republican lawmakers aren’t part of the grassroots crowd.
Here’s a recap of other “ReadRight” articles featured on AIM’s Twitter account today:
- Somali piracy is a glimpse into the future, where “freelance marauders” will wreak havoc. (The Washington Times)
- The solution to Somali piracy is for ship crews in the area to carry plenty of weapons. (Townhall)
- A federal report warns against violence by “right-wing extremists” upset over immigration, abortion and more. (WorldNetDaily)
- Planned Parenthood matters, and it’s about time Americans notice its dark history. (National Review Online)
- Nancy Pelosi’s plan for your guns: “We want them registered.” (The Washington Times)
- President Obama’s defense budget will leave the military with “rushy swords and broken shields.” (Washington Examiner)
- Obama is like Wile E. Coyote. He thinks clever but keeps falling off a cliff. (Townhall)
- “In the culture war, Vermont fired the shot heard ’round the world” by making gay marriage the law. (American Spectator)
- Star Parker says “Christian conservatism” is just getting started as a political force. (Townhall)
- Spain’s experience with “green jobs” shows that they eliminate more jobs than they create.