This morning at AIM, we started a new feature on the Twitter mini-blog service. The “tweeture” is called “Read Right,” and the goal is to point conservatives to the best news and commentary from the right.
We’ll highlight content from the kinds of publications mentioned in my blog post from earlier this week, “A Call For Conservative Media Cooperation .” Each tweet will include a story summary, a link and the publication’s name.
For those AIM readers unfamiliar with Twitter, a hashtag is a key word or phrase with a number sign at the beginning. If you enter the hashtag in Twitter’s search engine, you will find all posts that include the hashtag. So in this case, including the hashtag #readright will make it easy to find the best conservative content via Twitter. Other Twitter users can use the hashtag to promote conservative content, too.
If you don’t already follow AIM on Twitter , please do. But we also will be recapping AIM’s “Read Right” tweets here so visitors to our Web site can find all of the links in one place. With that said, here is the recap from today’s first edition of “Read Right”:
- President Obama got two “3 a.m. phone calls ” in four days — from North Korea and open waters near Somalia.
- Learn how three American presidents reacted to previous hijackings of U.S.-flagged ships .
- R. Emmett Tyrell Jr.  is no H.L. Mencken — and he’s proud of that fact.
- The future of same-sex marriage  doesn’t look so bright nationally.
- President Obama has a bailout plan for the despots  of the U.N. Human Rights Council.
The Fox Nation
- America is still a Christian nation, but Barack Obama isn’t a church-going president .
- America’s “cafeteria-style spirituality ” makes it look less like a “Christian nation.”
- China’s Web censors will look like amateurs if Obama gets new powers over the Internet .
- The Treasury Department won’t say what financial firms want to return bailout money  against government wishes.
- To get a bigger slice of the federal pie, a Virginia county plans to count illegal immigrants  in the census.
- Wanna know how that stimulus money is being spent? Don’t bother looking online .
The Weekly Standard
- Sam Schulman: ““On every issue other than abortion , Obama is content to let a hundred flowers bloom.”
- Independent voters  are showing themselves independent enough to think GOP again.
- Education Secretary Arne Duncan thinks guns are a “public health epidemic .” Watch him.
- Ann Coulter: “It might make more sense to outlaw men than guns . Or divorce. Or crack.”
- Sign the Re-Declaration of Independence  to protect U.S. security.