Only two articles from the liberal mainstream media focused on how the election of former Obama Labor Department secretary Tom Perez may not solve the Democratic Party’s electoral woes anytime soon. Instead, the liberal media reported on the election as if nothing changed, which may be true and it could be detrimental for the Democratic Party in the 2018 midterm elections.
Also, Perez won by a vote of 235-200, but it took two rounds when Perez was short of victory by one vote in the first round.
Let’s take a look at what the media reported on the election results:
- CNN: Perez wins DNC chairmanship
- Washington Post: Winners and losers from the DNC chairman’s race
- Huffington Post: The DNC chair race is a proxy battle, but nobody told the people who get to vote on it
- NBC News: DNC race: Tom Perez becomes DNC chair in narrow election victory
Which articles focused on the potential fallout of electing an Obama official as the head of the DNC? Here you go:
- The Hill: Dems fear divisions will persist after DNC chair election
- ABC News: Progressives fear Democrats choice Perez means party hasn’t learned lesson
CommentsComments are turned off for this article.