The liberal media focused on only one statistic from the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) report on the Republicans’ repeal-and-replace plan, the American Health Care Act (AHCA): the number of potentially uninsured Americans in…2026.
Surprisingly, only the New York Times noted that the legislation will save money and reduce the federal budget deficit.
Here are the headlines, for your enjoyment:
- CNN: 24 million fewer insured by 2026 under GOP health care bill
- NBC News: Trump’s backing a healthcare plan that breaks his promises
- New York Times: Health bill would add 24 million uninsured but save $337 billion, report says
- TIME: President Trump made 3 big promises on health care. The budget office just undercut all of them
- Washington Post: Trump said no Americans would lose coverage under Obamacare repeal. Paul Ryan won’t make that promise
- Huffington Post: 24 million people stand to lose insurance under GOP Obamacare ‘replacement’
- USA Today: CBO: Obamacare repeal will increase uninsured by 24 million by 2026