Under the hashtag #NoBillNoVote, Democrats in the House of Representatives staged a sit-in protest over gun control, preventing normal business to be conducted.
- ABC News’ headline  was “Democrats Staging Sit-In on House Floor to Protest Inaction on Guns.” Doesn’t that sound one-sided?
- New York Times reported  that the GOP quickly shifted the session to a recess to let the Democrats hold their protest among themselves, without TV coverage. It meant that only reporters and a livestream Periscipe account, not TV cameras, could relay what was happening.
- Washington Post recited  the oft-used “assault weapons” moniker and didn’t mention how due process is involved in denying gun owners their Second Amendment rights.
- CBS News noted how passionate the Democrats were  when speaking about gun control. (Wonder if they’d use the same language to describe conservative positions, huh?)
- NBC News said that Georgia Democrat John Lewis, a former civil rights leader, said that they will “occupy” the House floor  until a gun control measure is considered and how tears were shed in recounting gun violence victims.
— Rep. John Larson (@RepJohnLarson) June 22, 2016 
Photo by wfowlkes