It took Hillary Clinton five days to issue a statement after allegations emerged that a longtime donor to her campaign, Hollywood movie mogul Harvey Weinstein, sexually assaulted multiple women. The media criticized her throughout the five-day delay as other celebrities condemned Weinstein’s alleged actions against women.
After issuing her statement Tuesday, Clinton turned to CNN to do an exclusive on-camera interview  Wednesday to explain what she will do with Weinstein’s donations to her campaign.
She told CNN that she will donate the same amount of funds, as it would be difficult to donate the check she received from Weinstein some time ago to charity.
Clinton praised the women who accused Weinstein, calling them courageous. Clinton said that she never heard of the rumors surrounding Weinstein until the story broke last week.