Mainstream media is accusing Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner, the daughter and son-in-law of President Donald Trump, of abusing their unpaid White House advisory positions by using private e-mail accounts. Specifically, the media claims that the pair is acting like Hillary Clinton in using private e-mail accounts.
Specifically, the media has said the pair is acting like Hillary Clinton in using private e-mail accounts.
However, the media is missing several key points about what Clinton did and what Trump and Kushner didn’t do, as The Federalist’s David Harsanyi points  out:
- Hillary Clinton was an appointed and paid public servant as an Obama cabinet secretary of state; Ivanka and Jared are unpaid advisors
- Hillary Clinton used a private e-mail server, not just a private e-mail account
- Hillary Clinton sent classified information over an unsecured e-mail server
- Hillary Clinton lied on television about the scandal itself
- Hillary Clinton was warned about her conduct and how it breaks the law by records officials at the State Department