The lawyer for Covington Catholic High School student Nick Sandmann told Fox News that he is likely to file a lawsuit worth more than $250 million over alleged “vicious” and “direct attacks” on his client.
“CNN was probably more vicious in its direct attacks on Nicholas than the Washington Post. And CNN goes into millions of individuals’ homes,” attorney L. Lin Wood told Mark Levin on Sunday.
“They really went after Nicholas with the idea that he was part of a mob that was attacking the Black Hebrew Israelites, yelling racist slurs at the Black Hebrew Israelites. Totally false.
“Now you say you’ve seen the tape; if you took the time to look at the full context of what happened that day, Nicholas Sandmann did absolutely nothing wrong. He was, as I’ve said to others, he was the only adult in the room. But you have a situation where CNN couldn’t resist the idea that here’s a guy with a young boy, that Make America Great Again cap on. So they go after him.”
“The CNN folks were online on Twitter at 7 a.m retweeting the little one-minute propaganda piece that had been put out. … They’re out there right away going after this young boy. And they maintain it for at least two days. Why didn’t they stop and just take an hour and look through the Internet and find the truth and then report it? Maybe do that before you report the lies.”
Last month Wood filed suit against The Washington Post for $250 million over the paper’s coverage of the confrontation between Sandmann and Native American activist Nathan Phillips.
The Post published an editor’s note March 1 admitting that subsequent reporting either contradicted or failed to confirm accounts provided in its original reports.
That note failed to appease Wood who is continuing to pursue legal action against the Post.
Investigators hired by the Roman Catholic Diocese of Covington concluded that the students did not instigate the confrontation with Phillips and the bishop who had condemned the students’ actions apologized after more details emerged.