In remarks to the AIM conference, “ObamaNation: A Day of Truth,” on September 21st, Bishop Earl Walker Jackson Sr. said that Barack Obama has launched an ”assault on religious liberty” and that we are being led by people “who don’t respect the constitution.”
Bishop Jackson was a Republican Party primary candidate for the United States Senate inVirginiain the 2012 election. He is the founder and current president of S.T.A.N.D. (Staying True To America’s National Destiny), a conservative non-profit organization dedicated to restoringAmerica’s Judeo-Christian ethics. He is head pastor at Exodus Faith Ministries, located inChesapeake,VA.
In an impassioned address, Bishop Jackson argued that the mainstream media, in lockstep with Barack Obama, is determined to undermine the tradition that our rights as Americans come from God, and not from the government. Referring to the fact that Obamacare forces Catholic religious institutions to violate their own religious beliefs by providing insurance coverage for contraception,Jacksonsaid that Barack Obama will “give you one year to change your conscience.”
Jacksonalso said that believers in traditional values have “lost the vocabulary war” against the mainstream media and that “we’ve got to get better at talking about traditional marriage and what has resulted from the erosion of the traditional family.”
Watch Bishop Jackson’s interview and his full speech below.
The AIM conference “ObamaNation: A Day of Truth,” featured prominent experts who addressed the critical political and social issues that are ignored by the mainstream media. Other speakers included:
- Andrew McCarthy, journalist, author of The Grand Jihad, former federal prosecutor
- Deneen Borelli, is the Outreach Director for FreedomWorks, and the author of Blacklash: How Obama and the Left are Driving Americans to the Government Plantation.
- Artur Davis, former Dem. Congressman, and national co-chair for Obama’s 2008 presidential campaign;
- Richard Benedetto, former White House correspondent, USA TODAY, national political correspondent
- Cliff Kincaid, Director, AIM Center for Investigative Journalism
You can watch a Q&A with Bishop Jackson here:
You can also watch the entire talk along with Q&A below, or watch along with a transcript here.