There have been multiple excerpts of the book, “Shattered: Inside Hillary Clinton’s Doomed Campaign”, which detailed the shortcomings and failings of Hillary Clinton’s 2016 presidential campaign. Here are seven major takeaways from those excerpts:
- Hillary Clinton’s campaign did not do much, if any, polling in battleground states .
- Clinton apologized to Obama  after she found out she lost the election, neglecting to publicly concede the race to Donald Trump (which she did the following day).
- She kept asking her staff  why the white working class voters were not backing her.
- Clinton failed to define her message for herself , which led to broad messaging that never stuck with the American voters.
- She continued to stumble  with her secret and private e-mail server hanging over her head and could never wave it away.
- Her speeches to Wall Street banks, in addition to the e-mail server, cast herself as a “lifetime insider.” 
- She never changed her 2008 power structure , which hamstrung her campaign against Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders.