America’s role in the Global War on Terror grows stranger by the hour. President Obama’s fight against ISIS and other radical Islamic terrorists – such as it is – has entered the Twilight Zone. That is the only explanation for Obama’s increasingly bizarre tactics and statements against these existentially dangerous savages.
- After 15 months of airstrikes against ISIS, America finally managed to bomb 116 trucks that smuggle oil out of ISIS territory, generating some $1.2 million in clandestine cash daily. That sum buys plenty of knives for beheadings, Kalashnikovs for mass shootings, and plastique for suicide vests. France now leads the War on Terror, in the wake of ISIS’s November 13 massacre in Paris. Obama must have reckoned that, with France bombing from in front, he might as well bomb from behind.
But even this is kinder and gentler.
“This is our first strike against tanker trucks,” Operation Inherent Resolve Colonel Steve Warren told journalists from Baghdad on November 18. (A November 23 raid destroyed 238 more trucks.) Then he added this detail:
“To minimize risks to civilians, we conducted a leaflet drop prior to the strike.” Each leaflet reads, “Get out of your trucks now, and run away from them.” It continues, “Warning: Airstrikes are coming. Oil trucks will be destroyed. Get away from your oil trucks immediately. Do not risk your life.”
Dropping such fliers on a playground is one thing. Sparing third graders is admirable. But anyone who drives a truck full of stolen oil and helps ISIS generate some $450 million in annual revenue, deserves to die behind the wheel.
Every ISIS oil-truck driver so spared lives another day to steer another oil truck, deliver ISIS fighters to battle, or grab an AK-47 and shoot American troops or—even worse—innocent civilians.
As Colonel Warren further explained, these leaflets fell from the skies “about 45 minutes before the airstrikes actually began.” Too bad ISIS does not follow these same genteel rules. Imagine if ISIS killers gave music fans at the Bataclan nightclub a 45-minute warning before opening fire.
All told, the obsessive pursuit of “no civilian casualties—zero,” as retired four-star General Jack Keane quotes Obama as demanding, has led U.S. pilots to report that they fly sorties over ISIS territory and return to base with 75 percent of their bombs undropped.
- Obama has attacked GOP critics of his open-door policy towards Syrian refugees as being “scared of widows and orphans.”
But then, almost on cue, evidence emerges that refugees indeed have been involved in terrorism.
Senator Jeff Sessions this week released a list of 12 refugees who entered America and then were nabbed for jihad this year alone. And, of course, at least one ISIS killer in Paris entered Europe as a “refugee.”
These Islamic radicals are atop those who only seem severely suspicious:
Multiple Syrians have been caught in Costa Rica, St. Maarten, and Turkey with phony passports. Five men traveled on stolen Greek passports from Syria to Lebanon, Turkey, Brazil, Argentina, and Costa Rica before being intercepted in Honduras, en route to America.
This is not the typical CARE-package-and-rainy-tent approach to refugee status. This jet set émigré lifestyle instantly triggers this question: Where can exiles from Syria—a poor nation with an average annual wage of $4,368, according to the International Labor Organization – afford travel fit for global-marketing executives? Kayak.com indicates that plane tickets for these Greek-impersonating Syrians caught in Honduras would cost at least $6,041.00. (Compared with the $39,156 U.S. average annual wage, this would be like an American purchasing that same fare for $54,152.) Could such a pricey itinerary be underwritten by, say, ISIS’s illicit oil revenues?
A Project Veritas journalist last week interviewed three Syrian men in Greece who boasted about their bogus papers. “You need a person who made the fake passport,” one of them said, in broken English. “And you need to pay for it. Maybe about €3,000,” or about $3,187.
One former Syrian scoffed at the notion that Team Obama can separate deadly terrorists from among the masses fleeing his former country.
“You can go to the Syrian government today and say to them, ‘I need a piece of paper that says I’m Tony Caterpillar.’ And they give it to you,” Aarafat “Ralph” Succar of Brooklyn told the New York Post. “These are not forged documents. These are written out by a government employee who needs money, whose family has no food. . . . So when they tell you that [the refugees] are vetted, are you out of your mind?”
- The Pentagon’s inspector general is probing reports that Defense Intelligence Agency analysts who described ISIS’s threat as grave and robust were told to “cut it out” and “toe the line.” E-mails to that effect may have been destroyed in order to cover up this apparent undercooking of the books.
If true, this proves that Obama can’t handle the truth. With his head planted firmly in the ground, Obama is now America’s ostrich-in-chief.
- Meanwhile, the State Department on Monday issued a chillingWorldwide Travel Alert.
The State Department alerts U.S. citizens to possible risks of travel due to increased terrorist threats. Current information suggests that ISIL (aka Da’esh), al-Qa’ida, Boko Haram, and other terrorist groups continue to plan terrorist attacks in multiple regions. These attacks may employ a wide variety of tactics, using conventional and non-conventional weapons and targeting both official and private interests. This Travel Alert expires on February 24, 2016.
Authorities believe the likelihood of terror attacks will continue as members of ISIL/Da’esh return from Syria and Iraq. Additionally, there is a continuing threat from unaffiliated persons planning attacks inspired by major terrorist organizations but conducted on an individual basis. Extremists have targeted large sporting events, theatres, open markets, and aviation services. In the past year, there have been multiple attacks in France, Nigeria, Denmark, Turkey, and Mali. ISIL/Da’esh has claimed responsibility for the bombing of a Russian airliner in Egypt.
So, basically, Muslim terrorists will have the full run of Earth for the next three months. Get ready to stay tense until almost a fortnight past Valentine’s Day.
- Standing beside the new leader of the Free World, France’s Francoise Hollande, Obama declared on Tuesday: “Next week, I will be joining President Hollande and world leaders in Paris for the global climate conference.What a powerful rebuke to the terroristsit will be when the world stands as one and shows that we will not be deterred from building a better future for our children.”
Perhaps Obama intends for ISIS and other Islamofascists to hear this news and then drop dead from fatal laugh attacks. If so, then heckuva job, Obama!