After closing the Deal, to Israel: “You will not be around in 25 years’ time, and God willing, there will be no Zionist regime in 25 years.” To America: “America, in a way, has divided its duties with Iran and behaves in a twofold way; some smile while others are busy producing legislation against Iran.” … Supreme Leader Grand Ayatollah Khamenei … with chants in the background of “Death to America”
This week the House and Senate will be taking up votes on the merits of the Obama administration’s Nuclear Deal with Iran-which is alleged to delay Iran’s ability to gain nuclear weapons capability, from currently an alleged couple of months, to over a year, after which Iran’s Grand Ayatollah and associated mullahs are free to build nuclear weapons to their hearts’ content. And Iran gets $150 billion, a significant portion of which begins immediately as a massive signing bonus.
As my colleague Dr. Peter Pry and I wrote yesterday in National Review Online (“Don’t Trust, Never Trust, and Verify“), claims that this deal is verifiable are scandalously incredible to say the least! (And there are more facts that argue against the deal, as discussed further below.)
Yesterday’s attempt to call attention to the folly of this Iran deal comes on the heels of last week’s Senate vote in which 42 Democrat Senators voted to filibuster any attempt to vote on the Deal, the so called Joint Comprehensive Program of Action (JCPOA)-signaling that any attempt to reject the administration’s deal will fail in the Senate.
Not a single Republican joined them, and only 4 Democrats have announced their opposition to the Deal and refused to join their fellow Democrat senators: Senators Chuck Schumer (D-NY), Benjamin Cardin (D-MD), Robert Menendez (D-NJ) and Joe Manchin (D-WV).
Click here for Family Security Matters full tabulation of the senators who voted to sustain a filibuster and avoid a vote on the Deal-“The Democrat Hall of Shame,” as they refer to the list.
Unless at least three of these 42 Democrat Senators change their minds in votes anticipated this week, the Deal will die without senators going on record regarding the JCPOA. Thus, all should note the results from another vote that Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) has promised for this week. This vote may be the record for posterity.
In the House, the Republicans hold a sufficient majority to assure passage of legislation, but not to override a Presidential veto without at least 44 Democrat votes. Speaker of the House John Boehner plans to have several votes this week that will establish the record of all House members for all to see-and remember, especially as their 2016 election campaigns proceed.
Click here for a New York Times summary of the current situation on Capitol Hill.
None should forget the faults of this unverifiable deal, which provides little to nothing for America and Israel, but money and deals for Iran-and others who will seek their “fair share” of the $150 billion loot that Iran will no doubt use to continue its well-known support of Islamic terrorism-by both Shia and Sunni jihadis around the world-against the “infidels,” especially the “little Satan” Israel and the “Great Satan” America.
To the degree you can influence the Congressional debate this week, I urge you to do so. Inform yourself and engage in this fight, literally to save Western Civilization.
On September 2nd, 56 knowledgeable experts on arms control, intelligence, nuclear and defense matters provided to the President and congressional leaders (as well as to each Senator and Representative) a brief but comprehensive assessment of the JCPOA, which can be reviewed by clicking here.
If you want to understand the irresponsible behavior of the Democrats in going along with the administration’s terrible Deal that places America at risk, I urge you to take the time to read at least the 2-page letter and those who signed it, and consider the attached heavily footnoted backup discussion. A brief summary of the main points follows:
- The JCPOA waters down Iran’s previous commitments for access to sites with possible military dimensions (PMD) removing a prior requirement for IAEA access to key sites, equipment, persons and documents.
- We do not believe the JCPOA fatal flaws can be remedied in its present form.
- Iran retains all the key equipment, facilities and materials and weakens its existing obligations under the Nuclear Non Proliferation Treaty (NPT).
- It includes assistance, including from JCPOA signatories that advance Iran’s programs seeking nuclear weapons and delivery systems-and when combined with other measures virtually guaranteeing Iran a deliverable nuclear weapons capability.
- The JCPOA weakens conditions for an already weak verification regime, by among other things:
- Replacing promised “anytime, anyplace” rapid inspections with a cumbersome bureaucratic process that could drag on well beyond the (hardly rapid) 24-days often discussed as the time for inspections.
- Relying on an IAEA verification regime that among other weaknesses devines that Iran can inspect itself at the Parchin military facility, pertinent to PMD issues.
- Obtaining a UN Security Council resolution favoring the JCPOA before its consideration by Congress-thereby reducing any leverage in compelling Iran to return to compliance with its NPT obligations, and virtually eliminating the credibility of so-called “snap-back” conditions in view of likely future Iranian violations.
- The only unambiguous terms of the JCPOA are those requiring the United States, the European Union, and the United Nations to lift sanctions on Iran-providing the world’s leading sponsor of Islamic terrorism with hundreds of billions of dollars and access to trade.
- We are disturbed by the administration’s unprecedented lack of disclosure to congress and the American people the side deals and the unclassified verification assessment prepared by Secretary of State Kerry.
That this JCPOA is a very bad deal is heralded by how it was received by Iran, before the congress had even considered its merits. For example, Iran’s Supreme Leader, Ayatollah Khamenei, declared that Israel would no longer exist in 25 years-and his announcements were met with cheers from the Mullahs and their followers: “Death to America.”
And we have 42 senators who believe this is a good deal? And how many representatives?
We should keep track of all their names for posterity’s sake.
Near Term High Frontier Plans.
While continuing to provide key information in the fight to defeat the very bad Iran Nuclear Deal in the near term, we will continue pressing for building the most cost-effective ballistic missile defenses possible and working with South Carolina folks to build a coalition to engage constructively with private citizens and their local and state representatives and other authorities to work with the SC National Guard in understanding and responding to the existential threats to the electric power grid-especially the nuclear power reactors that produce 60 percent of SC electricity. Click here to see the recent Washington Examiner article on the importance of hardening our nuclear power reactors.
What can you do?
Join us in praying for our nation, and for a rebirth of the freedom sought, achieved and passed to us by those who came before us.
Help us to spread our message to the grass roots and to encourage all “powers that be” to provide for the common defense as they are sworn to do.