From The Washington Free Beacon:

State Department officials removed files from the secretary’s office related to the Benghazi attack in Libya and transferred them to another department after receiving a congressional subpoena last spring, delaying the release of the records to Congress for over a year.

Attorneys for the State Department said the electronic folders, which contain hundreds of documents related to the Benghazi attack and Libya, were belatedly rediscovered at the end of last year.

They said the files had been overlooked by State Department officials because the executive secretary’s office transferred them to another department and flagged them for archiving last April, shortly after receiving a subpoena from the House Select Committee on Benghazi.

Read the entire article…

From Townhall:

This Benghazi investigation is taking too long” has always been an odd complaint from the Left, particularly because Democrats on the panel have done next to nothing to advance any fact-gathering whatsoever. They frame this gripe as an act of tax-dollar stewardship — for which Democrats are famous, right? — while ignoring their own conduct, which Republicans credibly describe as negligent, partisan obstructionism.  The price tag of Elijah Cummings and friends’ Hillary protection racket so far?  North of $2 million.  But what about the specific claim that this special Congressional investigation is “the longest” in American history?  Here’s MSNBC repeating that Clinton campaign talking point over the weekend.

Read the entire article…

From Townhall:

New State Department documents belatedly provided to the watchdog group Judicial Watch show that Hillary Clinton told different stories as secretary of state to different foreign leaders about a YouTube video that the Obama administration falsely blamed for the Sept. 11, 2012 Benghazi terrorist attacks.

The documents, which Judicial Watch obtained last month, include notes of calls that Clinton had with world leaders after the terrorist attacks.

One set of notes comes from a Sept. 15 telephone call Clinton had with then-Egyptian Foreign Minister Mohamed Amr. During the chat, Clinton referred to the “stupid, very offensive film” as the root cause of the Benghazi violence, which left four Americans dead.

Read the entire article…

 

From Accuracy in Media:

The Citizens’ Commission on Benghazi (CCB), formed by AIM in 2013, has experienced the administration’s lack of transparency first hand. The administration has answered the CCB’s Benghazi FOIA requests with blacked out pages that contain little pertinent information. For example, the Department of Defense provided slides pertaining to a “Benghazi Timeline,” where everything but the title was redacted.

Sometimes, as with Judicial Watch, watchdogs have to take the administration to court to receive any information at all.

Read the entire article…